Have you ever been to i-Hop or Bob Evans and everything on the menu sounded and looked so delicious that you wanted to order it all? That’s exactly what we have done here with our best Bisquick breakfast casserole recipe. We hope you enjoy it.
This is the best breakfast casserole recipe you will ever taste! All your favorite breakfast ingredients combined into one delicious dish.
About this breakfast casserole
You know how the best ideas often come unexpectedly? Well, that’s exactly what happened to me when I crafted this easy to make breakfast casserole.
I had just got up to start my day and I was craving biscuits and sausage gravy, but I was also craving eggs, bacon sausage, and cheese. That’s when it hit me. Why not combine all of those flavors into a savory breakfast casserole.
Breakfast casserole like you’ve never had before. Eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuit, and gravy.
How to make the best Bisquick breakfast casserole recipe ever
If you’re like me, your time is usually limited in the early morning. Therefore, breakfast or brunch should be easy and stress-free. You may want to try this recipe on the weekend when you have a little extra time on your hands.
Instead of just combining all the ingredients and baking it, I thought it would be more interesting to layer this breakfast casserole. The base of this breakfast masterpiece starts with the biscuit layer. You could make your own biscuit dough or by premade biscuit dough. For our breakfast casserole recipe, we chose to use Bisquick.
Adding multiple layers to your breakfast casserole
When I came up with this delicious recipe, I decided that I wanted more of an omelet than just straight up egg. So, for the next layer, we add an even layering of cheese, bacon, sausage, mushroom, and red pepper.
From there, we add in the whisked eggs and milk mix. Make sure the eggs are whisked well before adding to the casserole dish.
The last layer includes a heaping of homemade sausage gravy smothered with cheddar cheese.
If you love i-Hop or Bob Evans, you’ll want to be sure to make this savory breakfast casserole for your family.
A final thought about this best breakfast casserole recipe
Feel free to include your favorite food ingredients in this recipe. If you like hash browns, make a layer of them. It’s really up to you.
We hope you enjoy this breakfast recipe as much as we enjoyed making and eating it. Feel free to drop us a line in the comment section below. We encourage you to share this breakfast casserole recipe on your social media channels. Be sure to check out our other recipes below.
Best Bisquick Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Breakfast casserole base
- ½ lb ground breakfast sausage
- ¼ cup bacon
Breakfast sausage gravy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Sausage grease drippings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Breakfast casserole preparation
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Browning sausage, bacon, red pepper, and mushrooms
- In a large skillet brown the sausage, bacon, red pepper and mushrooms over medium high heat.
- Place cooked sausage on a plate covered with a paper towel but make sure most of the sausage grease is still left in the pan.
- With the left-over sausage grease, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Slowly add in and continually mix ¼ cup all-purpose flour, 2 cups milk, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Take the gravy off the stove once the consistency is right.
Breakfast biscuit layer
- Stir together the Bisquick mix and a 1/2 cup of milk in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Scoop the dough with a spoon and dab into the casserole dish.
- Top the biscuit layer with a ½ cup of cheese.
Keep layering the breakfast casserole
- Add the cooked sausage, bacon, mushroom, and red pepper from earlier.
Finishing the breakfast casserole
- Combine 6 eggs, a 1/4 cup of milk, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk together until the eggs are mixed completely.
- Add the egg mixture into the casserole pan.
- Top with sausage gravy and the remainder of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.